is a Registered Tattoo and Piercing Body Art Studio (Regd. under Indian Registration Act, 1908). All tattoo images, paintings, piercings, written matterial shown in this site is the sole property of "Angel Tattoo Design Studio" and can not be replicated in any form (without prior written approval) by any mean under Indian "Copy Right act 2009".
Tattoo Aftercare may vary from person to person depending upon indviduals life style, size of Tattoo, placement of Tattoo, Tattoo Design, Skin type etc. So it is important for you to stick with instructions as provided by your Tattoo artist. Here are general guidelines which can be considered for informative purpose :
Its important to cover your freshly
made tattoo for initial few hours as skin pores are open and needs some
time to get settle, so this is the most important time to prevent any
kind of dust, pollution etc. and tattoo bandage does this job perfectly
As i (Satty) many time repeat to my customers that just like any other field, there is a lot advancement in the filed of tattooing as well. We have latest technology, machines, needles, inks and further improving at fast rate. Special tattoo bandages and tattoo after care products are available now in India also (will discuss about special after care products later in this page) Special tattoo bandages are available with little extra cost which do not prevent breathing, soak the liquid of fresh tattoo and one can keep the bandage for even upto 24 hours against traditional polyfilm bandage which is important to be removed after 2-3 hours. Just think if you have a wound and your doctor cover it up with a poly film !
As advised, you will have to wash your tattoo, and first washing is the
most important washing. Also we suggest to perform first washing at the
time when you can rest at home/place and have no tight schedule to got
to public places, market etc.
Remove the bandage carefully. Take distilled, drinking quality water (you can add some antiseptic (detol, savlon) solution) and wash your tattoo with your finger tips thoroughly.
Tips: - Not to forget sanitize your hands prior washing tattoo.
- If its winter season, you can make first washing with Luke warm water
Soak your tattoo with tissue paper. Do not use cotton or towel as fiber, lint can go to tattoo which we can not even see with naked eyes. So paper based tissue paper is the best to use, and it available easily.
let your tattoo dry for few minutes, and apply very light layer of tattoo after care product like Tat Wax, Tattoo Goo, After Ink etc.. Tattoo after cares are specially designed for tattoo healing which really help in (1) fast healing of tattoo (2) do not clog the skin pores and avoid skin breathing like petroleum jelly (3) do not make skin oily (4) helps in enhancing the colors and add life to the tattoo.
Also different products are meant for different skin and season, like if a person has a dry skin, should be advised different after care product against one with oily skin. Your artist will guide you based on his experience.
Repeat washings 3-4 times/day for next 3 days. From 4th day, no need to wash tattoo as you will feel the skin becoming stiff, like scabs, just keep applying after care products 3-4 times a day (Tips : You would be the best person to decide if you need to wash your tattoo even after 3 days, and go ahead if you feel so, especially if you have outdoor day, or had to sweat or stay in pollution for long time).
It will take approx 5 to 10 days for scabs to come out from your tattoo. Let scabs come out naturally and do not pick, scratch scabs. Once scabs come out completely, you can have bath, wash your tattoo like normally. At this stage, your tattoo will not look so clear, nothing to worry, this is not your actual tattoo as skin is yet under healing. Keep applying aftercare product for next 30 to 35 days, 3 times a day. You will see colors coming bright and tattoo coming more clear in few days.
Even once your tattoo is healed completely (45 days),
do not leave you tattoo dry. Keep applying some body moistening
lotion on it for rest on your life. As more we take care of our skin,
more it glow, and tattoo is again a skin only.
- Avoid direct sun light on tattoo, or apply so sunscreen in case you are planning a day on beach of have to be out in sun for long
- Stay in touch with your tattoo artist during whole tattoo healing process as after care advised on day one may needs to change per individual healing process. If possible, visit your artist during healing so that he/she can see it and guide you further more. A responsible artist will always guide you good during whole healing process.
- Avoid alcohol prior/post your tattoo.
- Eat food before getting tattoo. And chose a day/time when you don't have very busy schedule for next 24 hours
- Little reddishness, pain, swelling, burning is normal even upto 24 hours after tattoo. It should gradually go down in next 24 hours. Contact you artist if you still feel abnormal swelling, pain or reddishness even after 24 hours.
- Keep your tattoo as clean as possible for first 1 week. avoid public places, gym, swimming etc.
- Do not let hears to cover your fresh tattoo.
- Do not sleep on your tattoo till you can see scabs on it.
- Expose your tattoo to fresh air when at home or office, and cover it with comfortable cotton cloths when going out
- Walk less if you have got tattoo on ankle/leg
- In case you have tattoo on back neck, remove labels of T-shirt, blouse etc as they are made out of polyester and can cause scratches on fresh tattoo
- In case special Tattoo After Care products are not available for any reason, you can use A&D Ointment on your tattoo for 7-10 days, and then can use some Baby oil, Olive Oil or even a body moisturizing lotion.
- Last and most important, listen to your artist as there are many more things for after care depending on individual's case